Frequently Asked Questions
Any questions? Maybe you'll find the answers here.
Health Policy Information
CLICK HERE for the most recent Health Policy information for The Novo.
Why can't I find an event on the website?
Below are a suggestions to help you with your search:
- No performances are currently scheduled at The Novo or for the date or artist you may have selected.
- The Novo will only list an event after all information is confirmed with artist management. Events are always listed in time to purchase tickets the day they are put on sale.
- Check the proper spelling of the artist, band, or building. All words must be spelled correctly.
- Check to see you entered the proper search type and the corresponding artist, city, zip, or building.
- Make sure there is spacing between your words (e.g. John Hiatt, not johnhiatt)
- Try a different search method. Search by city or zip instead of artist name or building name.
- The event may not be officially promoted by The Novo, Goldenvoice or AEG Live. You may want to try finding the event on the band's official website or AXS.com.
How do I buy tickets?
- Online - Click the "Buy Tickets" link on the show details page of the band you would like to see or visit the The Novo page on AXS.com.
- Phone - You may purchase tickets by calling AXS 1-888-9-AXS-TIX (1-888-929-7849).
- Box Office - The Novo box office opens 2 hours before the doors of any show.
- You can purchase advance tickets at the box office. The Novo box office opens 2 hours before every The Novo show. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
How do I purchase accessible seating?
Please contact the AXS Guest Services Team at 888-9-AXS-TIX (888-929-7849) (6:00am-8:00pm PST daily).
For non-AXS events you'll need to contact the venue directly about ADA/Accessible seating options.
How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to a concert calendar for events in my area?
I am looking for employment information, where can I find it?
The Novo only accepts resumes submitted through our corporate website. A current listing of available job openings can be found on this page.
How can I meet the band?
Only the artist record company, artist management, or artist fan club grant backstage access or meet n' greet opportunities. The Novo does not handle artist access, with the rare occasion of a contest run on thenovo.com. Not all shows will have a contest to win the opportunity to meet the band.
How do I get directions to the show?
Please visit our directions page for detailed directions and a map.
The show is this week and my tickets haven't arrived, they've been lost, or they've been damaged. What can I do?
Check your email confirmation to double-check you did not choose another method of delivery.
If you did choose mail delivery and you haven't received your tickets 3 days prior to the event, please contact the AXS Guest Services Team.
AXS Guest Services Team Hours:
6:00am-8:00pm PST daily
For tickets purchased through artist fan clubs or other organizations, you should contact that organization directly for information.
What happens if my event is cancelled or postponed?
All refunds are available at your point of purchase. If you purchased your tickets through AXS, please contact them to receive a refund or exchange for a postponed or cancelled event. Instructions for AXS regarding postponed and cancelled events are here.
Can I bring a camera?
No Cameras or Recording devices allowed.
Are there any prohibited items?
Items not allowed into The Novo include but are not limited to:
- Outside Food Or Beverage
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Chewing Gum
- Backpacks (Bags (backpacks, large bags, suitcases, luggage): may not be larger than 14"x14")
- Large amounts of CD’s and Tee Shirts (Pamphlets, product samples)
- Glass Bottles, Metal Cans, etc.
- Fireworks, slingshots, laser pointers, flashlights, etc.
- Professional camera equipment, tripods, etc. (with the exception of properly credentialed individuals) iPads, tablets
- Weapons, explosives, pepper spray, tear gas, etc.
- Pocket knives or blades of any size or style.
- No Animals (with the exception of service animals)
- Water guns, toy replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, etc.
- Noise making devices, i.e. horns, cowbells, whistles (LAMC Sec. 41.57.)
- Beach balls, Frisbees, balloons, brooms, skateboards, roller blades, skates, etc.
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by The Novo Management.
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint, stickers
- Recording devices: audio or video (including GoPro cameras)
- Selfie Sticks
- Signs/flags/banners/posters: may not be larger than 11”17” or attached to a pole/stick
I want to get as close to the stage as possible, how do I do that?
The closest area to the stage is the Pit Area. Our best suggestions are to:
- Get to the venue as close to door time as possible, (or earlier).
- Make sure to purchase floor GA Floor Tickets. (except when a show is sold as a Seated Floor, then seats are sold according to row, ex. A, B, C, D…)
- Access to the pit (in front of the stage) is limited in number. For access to the pit, you must have the wristband designated by The Novo Management. VIP/ Backstage/ All Access credentials do not give you access to the Pit Area.
- Wristbands will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Once all wristbands are distributed, no more will be allocated for that show.
The show is listed as "All Ages", but do you sell alcohol?
The Novo is an all ages venue. However, the facility does sell adult beverages.
The venue also has a VIP Lounge which is only for those patrons who have the proper ticket AND are 21+.
In accordance with California state law, The Novo can only accept an ID that:
- Is issued by a governmental agency (such as federal, state, county or city)
- Contains the name of the person
- Contains the date of birth of the person
- Contains a description of the person (these are called key indicators and include height, weight and eye color)
- Contains a photograph of the person
- Is currently valid (ie. not expired)
ALL of these criteria must be met to be considered a "bona fide" ID. And this ID is required for patrons to be permitted to purchase and/or consume alcohol at The Novo AND/OR access The Novo's VIP Lounge.
I think I lost something at The Novo, what should I do?
All lost and found, at The Novo, are turned into the operations department at the end of the night. You can call 213-765-7009 to inquire if your lost item was turned in. Items not claimed within 14 days after the event will be donated, and unclaimed ID's and credit cards will be shredded after 14 days.